Coping – The Living Experiment Podcast Episode 93
These days, it feels like most of us are just getting by. We’re surviving at a base level, just doing things to get through the stress of inhuman days … the result of our flashing screens, fast-paced lives, and isolating social structures.
Since we can’t change everything at once, it’s important to have coping skills in today’s world.
Here’s what we cover in this episode of The Living Experiment.
- The essence of coping — recognizing the things you can control and the things you can’t
- Doing the things that are within your capacity in the service of yourself and everyone around you
- The challenge of making good decisions and acting out of compassion while in a depleted state
- Coping fundamentals:
- Good food and nutrition
- Consistent circadian rhythms and rest time in darkness
- Meditation, or even three deep breaths when you notice you’re in reaction or off balance
- Preemptive Repair (one of Pilar’s Non-Conformist Competencies of Healthy Deviance)
- Decluttering and creating havens in your home and office
- Time alone, without distractions
- Body movement that feels good (vs. exhausting)
- Limiting exposure to upsetting/disrupting/stress-inducing media
- Connecting with a positive, supportive community
- Laughter and fun
- Self-perpetuating stress: How we rationalize compromising what we know to be healthy behaviors
- Why emphasizing reconnection — to others, to nature, to nourishment, to self — is the best coping strategy of all
We’ll look at these, along with the physical, mental, and emotional dynamics of coping — from anti-inflammatory eating and sleeping to anti-insanity media habits.
The Living Experiment Podcast
Co-hosted by healthy-living experts Dallas Hartwig and Pilar Gerasimo, The Living Experiment has over 1,000,000 downloads and explores the fundamentals (and finer points) of being a healthy person in an unhealthy world.
Dallas and Pilar challenge the limiting norms, superficial obsessions and status-quo assumptions that can make healthy living harder than it has to be. With each new episode, they introduce a thought-provoking theme. They share their own insider insights and experiences, then offer up real-life experiments listeners can embrace on their own terms.
Give the podcast a listen — and if you like it, subscribe!
We can help you live the Whole9 life.
Fill out the form below to join the Whole9 Newsletter.
An effective experiment at https://allatra.tv/en/video/eksperiment-piramida that will improve your life, not just your health.
This is really a good information which will help us to improve our day to activities. Just to share, I found some good Fitness sport & Yoga products @ http://www.flawlesssport.com Worth to check out.