We founded Whole9 in 2009 and created the 9 factors as a way to incorporate a holistic approach into our lifestyle consulting practice. Since then, the Whole30 and Whole9 communities have grown by leaps and bounds. Our New York Times bestselling book It Starts With Food, has been translated into Czech and Lithuanian and we’re currently working on the audiobook, hoping a Spanish version isn’t far behind. There are lots of exciting projects on the horizon. We wanted to share this list of things we’ve learned and hear what you’ve learned on your Whole9 life journey.
9 Things We’ve Learned Since Starting Whole9:
- We never, ever get tired of hearing people’s stories, changes, successes, transformations, joys and, yes, sorrows.
- Stress management is everything.
- No matter how “perfect” your nutrition is, it can’t fix everything. It only starts with food.
- Sometimes, people you meet online become dear friends.
- Running a health & fitness business can take a real toll on your health & fitness. It’s easy to justify overworking when “it’s helping so many people.” Practicing what we preach is hard.
- Individual hormone levels or nutrient levels or genetic variants never tell the whole story, and rarely tell you much at all. Context always matters.
- Even with the education and experience we have, sometimes we still get it wrong. We can’t get too attached to our own recommendations – we learn new things all the time.
- If you want an amazing, positive community, it has to come from the top. There is no marketing substitute for genuine passion and love.
- People respect you for saying, “I don’t know, but I’ll try to find out.”
What have you learned since connecting with Whole9, doing a Whole30, reading It Starts With Food and/or living your Whole9 life?
Subscribe to the Whole9 Newsletter
Fill out the form below to stay updated about Whole9 articles, discounts and events.