People ask us about smoothies in our workshops and in our everyday consulting all the time. The media will have you believe that starting your day with a big tall glass of liquid food is the epitome of health. However, we tend to disagree.
In this episode of S&STV, we discuss the research around consuming sweet foods in liquid form, why we don’t recommend smoothies to our clients and when it would be appropriate to consume them.
You can also check out these links for more on this topic:
- “The Official “Can I Have…” Guide to the Whole30″
- Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Consumption Is Associated With Weight Gain and Incidence of Type 2 Diabetes
- Short-term effects of the flavour of drinks on ingestive behaviours in man.
- Effects of fruit and vegetable, consumed in solid vs beverage forms, on acute and chronic appetitive responses in lean and obese adults.
- When Satiation Fails: Calorie Density, Oral Processing Time, and Rice Cakes vs. Prime Rib
Got a question for Whole9 Canada? Send your questions about health, nutrition or where to find Whole30 approved sources of food (that you don’t need to import!) to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll feature you in an upcoming episode.
We can help you live the Whole9 life.
Fill out the form below to join the Whole9 Newsletter.