Since Melissa first announced her pregnancy in fall 2012, we’ve received a ton of questions about how to keep both mom and baby healthy and happy during pregnancy, post-delivery, and while breastfeeding. Over the last year, we’ve been compiling information based on the latest research and our own personal experience–and today we’re happy to announce a trial run of a new virtual seminar geared towards women who are newly pregnant, hoping to become pregnant, or recently gave birth.
Healthy Momma, Happy Babies
This virtual (online) seminar will be 2 hours in length, and limited to just 10 participants. We’ll cover a broad range of topics, and leave lots of time for personal attention and Q&A. Melissa will be offering specific recommendations and practical application ideas on nutrition, exercise, sleep, and stress management during pregnancy and after giving birth.
Topics of discussion include:
- Pregnancy nutrition, and dealing with food cravings and aversions
- Pregnancy supplementation: the three supplements you really should be taking, and why
- Exercise during pregnancy: the five exercises all pregnancy women can (and should) do
- Natural birthing options: midwives, doulas, hypnobirthing, and water births
- Natural techniques for turning a breech baby
- Group-B strep testing
- The benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy
- Sleep during pregnancy: getting comfortable, and dealing with fatigue
- Planning for baby: the three discussions you must have with your partner before the baby comes
- Breastfeeding nutrition
- Breastfeeding supplementation
- Lactation consultants: who, what, and why
- Feeding on demand vs. scheduling
- Exercise post-baby
- Leaking urine post-baby: that ain’t normal
- Losing weight post-baby: how much is safe?
- Dealing with sleep deprivation post-baby
- Friends and family visits
- Baby stuff: how much do you really need?
The first event will be held Saturday, November 2nd from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM MST. To register, visit our Eventbrite registration page. Sign-ups are limited to just 10 participants.
We’ll be using WebEx virtual conference software. A web cam is encouraged but not required, and you can participate via your computer or mobile devide (iPad, smartphone, etc.). There is nothing to download, and getting online for the seminar takes just 5 minutes.
If you have questions about this event, please email email@example.com.
We can help you live the Whole9 life.
Fill out the form below to join the Whole9 Newsletter.