In November 2012, we introduced you to Tessemae’s and their amazing Whole30® Approved salad dressings. Well, hold on to your pantaloons, because this little family-operated-business-gone-big has something new and equally as delicious on the docket. Tessemae’s new line of marinades is not only gonna rock your taste buds, they’re also going to simplify dinner when you’re in a time crunch but still want something tasty and healthy. Because, let’s face it, although we usually recommend making your own marinades (because it can be very difficult to find a pre-made variety made without soy, sugar, seed oils, or other off-plan ingredients) sometimes you just need need a little flavor inspiration from the pros.
Whole30® Approved Tessemae’s Marinades
Tessemae’s motto is “Around here, we keep it real”. This isn’t just lip service, folks. All Tessemae’s marinades have just five to eight ingredients – all pronounceable, all healthy, and most Whole30 approved. There are nine Whole30 Approved flavors (Zesty Chesapeake, Spiced Caribbean, Mediterranean, Lemon, Pepper, Chipotle, Chesapeake, Cajun, Buffalo, and Blackened Cajun). With all of these choices, your dinner will never be boring. You can find Tessemae’s marinades in some Whole Foods Markets, or you can order them online.
As a special treat for our readers, Tessemae’s is offering free shipping for all online orders from now through the end of August, 2013 with the discount code WHOLETESSE! (Free shipping applies to the continental U.S., sorry Alaska and Hawaii.)
Looking for some delicious new ways to use your Tessemae’s? Check out our own Erin Handley’s marinade creation: Grilled Mediterranean Basil Shrimp with Roasted Chesapeake Haricot Verts. These recipes may look quick and easy – and they are – but they pack a punch of flavor that make it seem like you slaved away on dinner for hours.
Grilled Mediterranean Basil Shrimp
(makes about 8-10 skewers)
- 1 lb shrimp, fresh or thawed if frozen
- 1 cup Tessemae’s Mediterranean marinade
- 10-20 fresh basil leaves
- Before you start your prep, pull Tessemae’s marinades out of the fridge, and pop them into a bowl of warm water. They’re ready to go when they’re easily shake-able.
- Get that grill going’! Medium heat should do.
- Chop the basil and throw it in a bowl with the shrimp and marinade. Toss. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain the excess marinade from the shrimp (reserve it! don’t throw it away) and slide them on the skewers.
- Grill the shrimp 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink, turning and basting frequently.
Chesapeake Haricot Verts
- 1 lb haricot verts (you can substitue regular green beans if you’d like)
- 1 cup Tessemae’s Chesapeake marinade
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Throw the haricot verts and marinade in a bowl and toss them until coated.
- Spread the haricot verts on an unoiled cookie sheet and sprinkle liberally with sea salt (you may need two cookie sheets depending on the size of your veggies – they don’t need to be in a single layer, but they shouldn’t be piled mountain-high either).
- Roast until tender and golden, stirring every 10 minutes, about 30 minutes.
Dip shrimp and beans in homemade mayo flavored with a little extra Tessemae’s marinade, serve, and enjoy a healthy, summery meal Whole30-style!
Subscribe to the Whole9 Newsletter
Fill out the form below to stay updated about Whole9 articles, discounts and events.