As we prepare to celebrate U.S. Thanksgiving, the Whole9 team wanted to take a moment to reflect on this past year, and share in the things for which we are grateful.
From Dallas & Melissa Hartwig, owners/founders, Whole9
- We are grateful for our community, and the platform to share our experience, advice, and views with so many people looking to change their lives for the better.
- We are grateful to be growing a healthy, happy baby, and that so far, the process has been amazingly easy and peaceful for all of us.
- We are grateful for the kind of marriage which continues to thrive despite working together, writing a book together, traveling for six weeks together, and Dallas not liking hip-hop. (I know, right?)
- We are grateful to have such good friends scattered all over the world. We miss you. Come visit soon!
- We are grateful to each and every one of you, our readers. Without you, none of this would be possible. Thank you.
From Erin Handley, Whole9 Director of Operations
- I’m grateful for my kind and loving husband who constantly works to improve both of our lives through equal parts smart decision-making and fun adventures.
- I’m grateful for my close friends – you’ve never seen so many advanced degrees and dirty jokes all in the same room.
- I’m grateful for my family; immediate and extended. No matter how spread out across the state and country we get, when I’m with them, I’m always home.
- I’m grateful for those things that I sometimes take for granted; the roof over my head, the food on my table, the clothes on my back, my health, a job I love. I’m so thankful to have this life of many blessings and very few worries.
- I’m grateful for my constant companion – my dog, Omar Little. Is it silly to be thankful for a dog? If you have one, you know it’s not.
From Robin Strathdee, Whole9 Director of Communications
- I am thankful for a husband and daughters with a passion for adventure.
- I am thankful for the ability to house, feed and clothe my family.
- I am thankful to live in a country where I am able to make important choices about my daughters’ lives – their diet, their education, their medical care, their religion.
- I am thankful to be part of a CrossFit family with as much love for the community around us as we have for each other and for our sport.
- I am overwhelmingly thankful for the devotion, dedication, support, confidence, correction and never-failing love of my family, both immediate and extended.
What are you grateful for? Share your thoughts in comments. Have a happy, healthy Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to the Whole9 Newsletter
Fill out the form below to stay updated about Whole9 articles, discounts and events.
What a beautiful way to start my work day, this was the first thing I read upon sitting down to my work computer.
I’m thankful for my husband. He’s an amazing man and has been with me through sickness and health, we’ve been poorer and richer, and I’m looking forward to every day ahead with him.
I’m thankful for our families, the whole great big crazy lot of them.
I’m thankful for our amazing friends and all the fun we have together
I’m thankful for a job that pays our bills and allows us to have just a smidge left over to share
I’m thankful for my cats, they’re effectively my babies
I’m thankful for my beautiful home, living close enough to work to walk, and our neighbors
I’m thankful for my health, and for finding this community dedicated to improving health
I’m so thankful for all of you! Because of you, my life has changed in amazing ways that I never expected! All for the better!
Pulled up my saved page at work, and the word Gratitude just jumped out!
Thank you for such a wonderful post.
I’m thankful for my family: crazy, overwhelming, frustrating, but full of unconditional support and laughter.
I’m thankful for my lovely house and yard.
I’m thankful for warm, purr-filled cats to curl up with in said home.
I’m thankful for my bicycle, and the “courage” others feel it must take to be so quirky.
I’m thankful for my job & the many wonderful people I’m fortunate to work with.
I’m thankful that I am in a position to donate & volunteer to causes important to me.
I’m thankful my sister started listening to Robb Wolf which led to learning about the Whole9 community.
I’m thankful for the Whole9 community, the support available on the forum, and the fact I feel that some of my fellow Whole30ers, whom I’ve never met in person, are Friends.
A Whole9 baby!??! If you’ve already announced that, I missed it! Congratulations! What an exciting time of your lives :)
I am thankful that there are people (YOU!!) who care about others enough to create, promote and support a guide to a healthy lifestyle.
Fitness Wayne - Paleo and Exercise says
I am grateful for my family and my friends and my health. I am also grateful that I found Paleo while I am young and can do something about my health and prevent all kinds of diseases.
I am thankful for the amazing man in my life, that supports me when I tell him I am removing grains, dairy, legumes and alcohol from our lives.
I am thankful for children that are growing up and becoming amazing, respectful individuals.
I am thankful for my dog Paco that has helped me through some very difficult times this year. (So, no, Erin, it is not silly!)
I am thankful that I have a job that pays the bills, and income to support the dreams I have that will bring me a job I love.
I am thankful for the kindness of strangers that I have met on this forum.
I am thankful to ME for being open to change what I thought was a healthy life; my life really was changed in 30 days.
Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for making me stop and take the time to be thankful!
Congrats on the new baby. He/she are lucky to joining a couple that understands what is truly important in life.
I am grateful for the wonderful man in my life and for the life we share. I am grateful for the health that I have and for the great parents I had. I am grateful to have found Whole30 and how it has bettered my life.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
Melissa Hartwig says
Thanks so much for sharing all of your gratitude here with us! It’s wonderful to read.
I have so very much to be thankful and grateful for including a wonderful family, a fantastic wife and two super kids, a job I enjoy, a home and great community. To keep it topical and specific, I am really grateful for my new Whole9 T-shirt that came this week. It is comfortable, stylish and it fits really well. Cheers. DJ
Melissa @Whole9 says
Rock on with your Whole9 tee!