As we prepare to celebrate U.S. Thanksgiving, the Whole9 team wanted to take a moment to reflect on this past year, and share in the things for which we are grateful.
From Dallas & Melissa Hartwig, owners/founders, Whole9
- We are grateful for our community, and the platform to share our experience, advice, and views with so many people looking to change their lives for the better.
- We are grateful to be growing a healthy, happy baby, and that so far, the process has been amazingly easy and peaceful for all of us.
- We are grateful for the kind of marriage which continues to thrive despite working together, writing a book together, traveling for six weeks together, and Dallas not liking hip-hop. (I know, right?)
- We are grateful to have such good friends scattered all over the world. We miss you. Come visit soon!
- We are grateful to each and every one of you, our readers. Without you, none of this would be possible. Thank you.
From Erin Handley, Whole9 Director of Operations
- I’m grateful for my kind and loving husband who constantly works to improve both of our lives through equal parts smart decision-making and fun adventures.
- I’m grateful for my close friends – you’ve never seen so many advanced degrees and dirty jokes all in the same room.
- I’m grateful for my family; immediate and extended. No matter how spread out across the state and country we get, when I’m with them, I’m always home.
- I’m grateful for those things that I sometimes take for granted; the roof over my head, the food on my table, the clothes on my back, my health, a job I love. I’m so thankful to have this life of many blessings and very few worries.
- I’m grateful for my constant companion – my dog, Omar Little. Is it silly to be thankful for a dog? If you have one, you know it’s not.
From Robin Strathdee, Whole9 Director of Communications
- I am thankful for a husband and daughters with a passion for adventure.
- I am thankful for the ability to house, feed and clothe my family.
- I am thankful to live in a country where I am able to make important choices about my daughters’ lives – their diet, their education, their medical care, their religion.
- I am thankful to be part of a CrossFit family with as much love for the community around us as we have for each other and for our sport.
- I am overwhelmingly thankful for the devotion, dedication, support, confidence, correction and never-failing love of my family, both immediate and extended.
What are you grateful for? Share your thoughts in comments. Have a happy, healthy Thanksgiving!