We’re heading out to Toronto this weekend, where we’ll be conducting our first international workshops at two different venues.
On Saturday, July 24th, we’re conducting our Nutrition Workshop AND debuting our very first Trainer’s Workshop at CrossFit Colosseum. The Trainer’s Workshop will be an advanced topic event for those trainers, coaches and gym owners who have already attended our basic Nutrition Workshop. Our goal is to help those in a leadership role develop their nutritional coaching abilities, based on our principles, templates and experience. During the Trainer’s Workshop, we’ll be covering the following topics:
- “But I’m just here to exercise” – how to impress upon your clients the importance of good nutrition
- Your clients’ health and fitness goals – getting their mindset, focus and habits right from the start
- Your role as not only a fitness trainer, but a leader and mentor.
2. Basic Concepts:
- Practice explaining our foundational nutrition concepts (metabolism, inflammation, food choices) in a way your clients can understand
- How to translate super-science-y material into an easy-to-implement action plan for all your clients
3. Nutrition Evaluation Skills:
- A discussion of Whole9’s new MealSimple™ guide
- How we review our clients’ nutritional logs
- A group review of sample food logs
- Spotting common errors, flaws and patterns in your clients’ daily nutrition
- How to incorporate ongoing nutrition focus in your gym
- The role of challenges, seminars and workshops
- Avoiding common (but often seen) errors in making nutrition a sustainable, gym-wide practice
Registration is limited to 15 trainers, so everyone will receive a good amount of personalized attention. We think we’ve got a few spots left, so register for both workshops here and be the very first to hear our new Trainer’s material!
Sunday’s event (July 25th) at CrossFit Academy of Lions is a special presentation – one that we’ve been looking forward to for some time. We first heard from CrossFit AOL in November 2009, when preparing our Afghanistan care package. We’ve been following their program ever since, and are excited at the opportunity to present a nutritional workshop for those doing such important community work. In their own words:
“CrossFit Academy of Lions (AOL) is an 8-week program that benefits a local not-for-profit organization that works with at-risk and homeless youth. The program equips its participants with the skills, tools, habits and confidence to succeed in the gym and in their everyday lives. Thanks to the format and structure of the program, they quickly develop a sense of routine and commitment. Over the course of the program, are integrated into our gym community, where they benefit from the energy of group workouts and learn from our other gym members. “
Register for our Nutrition Workshop at CF Academy of Lions here, and spend some time after the workshop chatting with AOL directors Dhani, Sohail and Erin to find out more about their community events and CrossFit program.
We can help you live the Whole9 life.
Fill out the form below to join the Whole9 Newsletter.