Whole9 is happy to announce a new weekly feature, designed to help those of you who want to take their Whole30 to the next level. Tired of eating chicken and broccoli? Bored with all the recipes in your current rotation? Unsure whether those “Paleo” or “Primal” recipes you see on other web sites are Whole30 friendly? We’ve got you covered.
Every Friday, we’ll be running a series of posts called, “Steal This Meal”. Each meal is complete right down to the last ingredient, and each meal is 100% Whole30-approved. The coolest part? Recipes come from YOU, our Whole9 readers! That’s right, we’re opening our doors to recipe submissions for our new “Steal This Meal” series. So for those of you ready to show off your culinary skills, works of gourmet genius AND your Whole30 success story right here in our spotlight, here are a few guidelines.
1. All recipes must come from Whole30 participants. Yep, you need to walk the walk before recommending Whole30 meals to others. So whether it’s your first program or your third time through, get on the bus before sending in your recipes for submission.
2. Your meals must follow these general guidelines: A dense protein source, tons of vegetables, perhaps some fruit, and some good fat.
3. We find vegetables are the toughest thing for people to get in adequate volume, so make them the star of your meal! Recipes that feature new, exciting, tasty vegetable offerings will go to the head of the class.
4. Each recipe must be a complete meal – leave nothing out. If you’ve got a salad, include a dressing recommendation. If you’ve used spices, include their quantities. Make your recipe bomb-proof, so everyone can follow along.
5. Take photos and share your story! We love pictures of good food, and we LOVE hearing your tales of Whole30 success, so send some pics and (if you like) a narrative along with your submission.
6. Send only original recipe creations, or substantial modifications of existing “non-Paleo” recipes.
7. Finally, test your recipes out. Sometimes things that look good on paper don’t actually work in the kitchen, so give it a trial run, and include notes about how the dish tasted, cooking tips and tricks and other feedback for our readers.
Ready to play along? Send your Steal This Meal submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a recipe title, plus one or two photos.
The first meal (posted next Friday) comes from us – chicken with roasted carrots, Sunshine Sauce, and a mandarin and avocado salad with lemon vinaigrette dressing. (But we’ll cop to borrowing the best part – the Sunshine Sauce – from our good friend and Dino-Chow culinary expert Melissa Joulwan. We couldn’t possibly have come up with something that delicious all on our own.) So stay tuned for more great Whole30 meal ideas submitted by our readers, and make the Whole9 a regular part of your weekend meal planning.
Subscribe to the Whole9 Newsletter
Fill out the form below to stay updated about Whole9 articles, discounts and events.