Saturday, 29 August 2009
EXTRA Rest Day
If you’ve done what you’re told, your homes are all stocked full of fresh fruits and vegetables from your local Farmers’ Market. Now it’s time to put those ingredients to the test and prepare yourselves a delicious meal. Here are some of our favorite recipes… Google ‘Paleo recipes’ for more ideas.
1. Fish and Vegetable Curry, from our friends at Life Spotlight
2. Dallas’ Coconut Basil Beet Borsch
- 6 medium beets (a mix of yellow, red, and purple beets makes it pretty), peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 medium/large onion, chopped
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced ginger root (fresh)
- 1 can coconut milk (regular, not light)
- A handful of fresh basil leaves (Thai basil preferred, but Genovese works, too)
Put EVOO, chicken, ginger, and onion into a medium saucepan on medium heat, and cook for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water and beets, and steam (covered) for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, and heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes (or til beets are soft enough to fork easily), stirring occasionally. Throw the basil leaves on top and… eat. Makes 3-4 servings. It’s actually Zone-ish with extra fat (like 3-4X). Not that we really care about Zone-ish. You could experiment with a little chopped lemongrass or bamboo shoots if you wanted to get even more exotic.
3. Roasted carrot and avocado salad, from the Smitten Kitchen
So spend some time today preparing good, clean, fresh food with friends and family. And don’t forget dessert – Caveman Custard from the SoG. Yum – and enjoy!
We can help you live the Whole9 life.
Fill out the form below to join the Whole9 Newsletter.